Monday, April 12, 2010

Changes


What a year this past year has been! So many things have been happening in my life and changes have been occurring weekly. One year ago, I was a senior in high school going to Juan Diego. I didnt really know what I wanted to do with my life and have no intention of doing anything really important or big. I wasnt really taking what was going to happen after high school to seriously. I applied at Utah Valley University and luckily I was accepted. I didnt have a major in mind so I just signed up for the classes everyone signs up for. To this day I still dont have a major in mind. I might want to get on that. I met someone so amazing and she decided to share some important concepts to me. I never thought in a million years that I would be going on a mission. I have been working pretty hard these past couple of months to be ready physically, mentally and spiritually to be ready for this mission because its not just something you can go out and do.

In preparing for this mission, it has made me realize what can come your way if you just do the things your supposed to do. There may be some things that come your way that you may not want to do but you know that if you end up pushing forward and sacrificing things here and there, things will come your way and you will end up being a better and happier person. A couple of months before I got my call I put up a map in my living room for friends and family to put their guesses on there. There were guesses all over the world. From Australia to Finland and from Africa to Canada. Once everyone put their guesses on there, it kind of hit me. I really could go anywhere in the world. It was becoming more and more real to me. At first it was just something I was preparing for but now it was becoming tangible.

Then the day came! On March 24th I woke up with only one thing on my mind. It was a wednesday and that means that my chances of receiving were very good. I went to school walking to class not knowing what was really going on because I was so hyped up. After school was over, I raced home finding out that the mail had not even come yet! I sat in my front yard pushing my skateboard back and forth over the cracks in the driveway waiting for the Mail lady to come racing around the corner. I saw her come around and got even more excited. I went inside just so I couldnt see her put the mail in. After she left I walked over to the mail box hoping that my call would be waiting there for me. I had amanda's voicemail going as I opened the lid. WOOOOHOOOOO BAMMMMM! I wouldnt doubt if the whole neighborhood heard my hootin' and screaming. The only bad thing about this was that I had to wait 4 whole days in order to open it! Saturday rolled around and I was able to have lots of people over to experience the letter opening. Then I read it.

Elder Sidney Alton Morley is called to serve in the Mexico City, Mexico Northwest Mission. Spanish speaking of course and I will be reporting to the MTC on July 21! Before I opened the letter I had all these places I wanted to go to. Rachel to me that no matter where they tell me I'm supposed to go, I will know that it is the right place for me. When I read my call, it was exactly what she said. It was the most right thing ever and I knew that I wasnt supposed to go anywhere else.

Here is the funny part. Months before I got my call, my mom told me all the places she didnt want me to go. Low and behold Mexico was one of the places. She is still up tight about that fact that I have to go there but Kohnie told me something really special. As Im out serving there will be a spirit in the house to comforting my family. I know it will be hard for her but she is strong and I know that she will get through it all.

It is also sooooo weird that I will be leaving July 21. I mean that is the absolute most perfect day to leave. I will be able to be here for Amanda's birthday and also be able to experience Travis's and Rachel's wedding. It going to be hard though because I will be having so much fun with everyone that week and then a week later I will have to leave everything just like that.

Things will work out the way their supposed to. If they dont go the way that I want to, I have to realize that its not what I want to have happen, its what HE wants to have happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment